The COVID-19 pandemic has been hard for everyone, especially small businesses. Saint John has a thriving community of small, locally-owned shops that are being affected by the restrictions implemented during the Red, Orange and Yellow stages of recovery in New Brunswick.
Here at Paris Crew, we are doing our best to support fellow businesses in the Uptown area. There are many ways to provide your support, including reviewing, engaging with, and tagging your favourite small businesses on social media, as well as supporting them monetarily.
We’ve put together a list of 10 businesses that remain operational during the pandemic offering curbside pick-up and contactless delivery. Shop local and support your community!
1) Goods, 98 Prince William Street. Goods recently opened their doors on Prince William Street. They carry a mix of new, vintage, and previously loved items as well as grocery items and hand-baked treats. Instagram @goodssjnb Shop online: https://www.goodssj.com/
2) Juniper, 80 Prince William Street. Juniper is a sustainable lifestyle store and refillery, offering ethically sourced and sustainably produced items to beautify your home and your life. Instagram @shop.juniper More Information: https://shopjuniper.ca/
3) Visitors, 145 Union Street. Shopping at Visitors is a truly unique experience. They offer a selection of pre-owned, often vintage, fashion and accessories as well as the work of a selection of contemporary artists, designers and craftspeople. They also produce their own limited-edition apparel and homewares with local makers using recycled materials. Instagram @we.are.visitors Shop Online: https://shopvisitors.ca/
4) The Corn Crib, 88 King Street East. Your one-stop-shop for natural and organic foods, supplements, body care and natural cleaning, as well as a sustainable refill station. Instagram @thecorncribsj Online: http://corncrib.ca/
5) Lordon, 20 King Street East. Amidst the hustle and bustle of King Street, Lordon offers high-quality fashion, accessories, jewelry and self-care. Instagram @shoplordon Shop Online: https://www.shoplordon.com
6) Backstreet Records, 124 Germain Street. With a wide range of local and international favourites, Backstreet Records offers the opportunity to remember cherished oldies or discover new music during quarantine. Instagram @backstreetsj DM or call to purchase: firstname.lastname@example.org (506) 693-9425
7) The Feel Good Store, 89 Germain Street. Offering wellness products from deodorant and soap to incense and crystals, and everything in between! Instagram @feelgoodsj Website: https://thefeelgoodstore.ca/
8) Obscurity, 88 Germain Street. Need something to brighten your day during this pandemic? Obscurity has “all things weird and wonderful” as well as featured works by local artists and makers. Instagram @obscurity_shop Shop Online: https://obscurityshop.ca/
9) Heartbreak Boutique, 94 Germain Street. Obscurity’s sister shop, Heartbreak Boutique offers quirky fashion, accessories and giftware. Instagram @heartbreakboutiquesj Shop Online: https://heartbreakboutique.com/
10) Tuck, 115 Prince William Street. Looking for the perfect piece to complete your home? Tuck offers a variety of modern furniture, decor, lighting, giftware and art. Instagram @tuckstudio Shop Online: https://tuckstudio.ca/
We hope that you are safe and healthy during this unprecedented pandemic. We hope to see you in person soon!